Bulgarian Polyphony [III]Bisserov Sisters and Nadka Karadjova
1992: JVC VICG-5223
- Devoiko mari hubavaThe Charming Girl
- Mari mome, momeSweet Mari
- Jenala e dilber YanaHarvest Song
- Posadila babaThe Mother Cultivating Beans
- Bre varai ludoYou Young Men
- Mar FurlinkoThe Girl Furlinko
- Ia Denitse moriDenitse and the Naughty Guys
- Neno liMy Child Neno
- Da znaiat malkite momiWhat Is a Girls Happiness?
- Shto ma ne ojenish mamoThe Boy Without a Sweetheart
- Vechele RadoOh, Rado!
- Dai si vase rachitsataTo a Bouquet
- Lale li si zyumbyul li siWhat Flower Are You?
- Zavedi me IalinoStay with Me, Lalino
- Shto e ogrealaAs Beautiful as the Moon
- Oi ti pileOh, Birds!
- Lele maleDo Not Lament
- KalugerineThe Monk Kalugerine
- Na pat iodamWhere the Path
- Zaspala li si lagudoThe Blossoms Conversation
- Mela NedaNeda Works Hard
- Oi Yano YanoYano, Yano!
- Oi Stano StanoDear Stano
- Neda voda nalivalaNeda Goes to the Well
- Kaniat me mamoWedding Invitation Song
Of all the Bulgarian vocal stuff in my collection, this is probably the weakest representative: the ladies are sliding all around the notes of their chords and seem completely unsure of themselves most of the timea far cry (so to speak) from the radiant confidence of the choral glory of Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares or even other trios. Turn to the Trio Bulgarka if you want better performance; these tracks are good as a demonstration of some choral arrangements but not for much listening pleasure.
Comments © 2013 Mark Ellis Walker, except as noted, and no claim is made to the images and quoted lyrics.